Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation
2109 11th St W
Billings, MT 59102
- Year Founded: 1999
- Dues: $15.00 per year
- Grants: Clark Canoe Camp Archeology, 2012 and 2014
- Newsletter: Rochejhone News—fall, winter and spring or as needed to announce special events or programs.
The Rochejhone Chapter focuses Captain William Clark’s 1806 journey along the Yellowstone (Rochejhone) River.
Regular meetings are held the third Monday of each month September through May with the exception of December. Special events, workshops and field trips open to the public are typically held February through May.
Current projects include an archaeological survey of William Clark’s recently discovered July 1806 canoe camp, locating and signing the locale of “Clarks Crossing” near Billings, Montana and ongoing programs promoting an awareness of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
- Clark's Canoe Camp Discovery (2016)
- Canoe Camp Interpretive Sign (2016)
- Clark Canoe Camp Archeology (2014)
- Clark Canoe Camp Archeology (2011)